Essential Logistics is committed to the SAFE transportation of your products and goods from point A to point B. As such, we go to the extreme to ensure that all aspects of any given operation are well within the safe guidelines as set forth by FMCSA, DOT, OSHA, and others.
- Meet all Federal Motor Carrier Qualifications (which includes, but are not limited to, FMCSR part 391).
- Have a valid Commercial Driver License with proper endorsements in state of residence and have no current license suspension or revocation. A work permit is never acceptable. (See FMCSR parts 383 and 391).
- No convictions for a “serious or disqualifying traffic violation” within the last three (3) years. (See FMCSR parts 382, 391, 392 and 397) A “serious or disqualifying traffic violation” includes the following:
Excessive speeding, involving any single offense for any speed of 15 m.p.h. or more above the posted speed limit.
Reckless driving, as defined by state or local law or regulation, including but not limited to the offense of driving a motor vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property.
Improper or erratic lane changes.
Following the vehicle ahead too closely.
Hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident, or failure to report an accident.
- No more than four (2) moving violations in the past 36 months.
- Have no preventable accidents involving a fatality, bodily injuries treated away from the scene, or disabling damage to a motor vehicle within three years.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the operation of the type of vehicle to be operated.
- Must be at least 23 years old.NO convictions of Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs
All employees are required to take the following courses listed below designed to provide employees with a basic orientation of rig operations and safe work practices.
- TWIC Card
- Rig Pass/SafeLand
- Conoco Phillips SLS
- Shell Load Securement